Changes to W3 Common LibraryThis is a list of changes to the
W3 common code . See also the list
of things to be done . The following
list is in reverse chronological
November 1992 Version1.0b
- Fix some bugs in Make system.
- Memory bug fixed: On failure to connect
to HTTP server, it would free() an
- Some trace messages were output to
stdout instead of stderr.
- Allow "ftp:" prefix on URL . Effect
is currently equivalent to that of
the "file:" prefix.
- Local file access not allowed in
secure mode. (telnet access was never
allowed in this mode). Secure mode
is used for telnet server and mail
October 1992 version 1.0
- Library libwww.a made independently
of browsers to save time and space
and to force good modularity